EMPTY PROMISES— NOT EVEN BEGINNING
A government is elected based on its promises. There is a manifesto that is taken to the people which is the roadmap of the Party. A government is re-elected based on its performance. Here is a government that is midway through its term and is already planning to push forward its promises to its next term -Herald, Jan 9, 2015
- Boost to Agriculture:No plan, no vision, no direction.
- Funds to Municipalities: Totally adhoc and at whims of Ministry.
- Garbage Management in 18 months: Deadline long over .
- Football World Cup Junket : No recovery as per commitment.
- Investment & Industry: Big announcement, limping even before start.
- Slum Rehabilitation: Zero indeed.
- Eleven new bridges: Where are they?
- Six lane Zuari bridge in six months: Nearing three years.
- Establishment of Parks : Biotechnology, Food technology, Nanotechnology
- Affordable housing: Nothing concrete in sight.
- 2500 backlog ST vacancies to be filled in six months: No further step.
- Plastic free Goa in 3 years: How, when, where—- no clues at all.
- Regularisation of contract employees in government:Cold storage.